Yesterday you said tomorrow.
This is 100% a reblogg. It’s not my words, etc. etc. Source: here
[I thought this could be motivation for myself and others when we have those “low” points.]
i’ve pinpointed the reasons why i’ve been falling off track recently. by paying attention to the things i’ve listed, i’m completely back on track. no binges, no skipped workouts, and no cheating. and i hope it helps you guys a little, too 😀
1. don’t let it be all or nothing. if you slip up and have a few more calories than was intended for that meal, MOVE ON. don’t think your entire day is ruined, because it’s not. your mind is a tricky thing, don’t let it get to you! you’ll be a lot better off working off an extra 200 calories than you would be working off an extra 1000 calories from a whole DAY of being off track, rather than one meal.
2. binges are avoidable. are you a human? do you have a brain? food is an INANIMATE object, do not let it overpower you. no one is twisting your arm behind your back telling you to eat that pack of cookies. the only person making it happen is yourself. you can be your best friend, but you can also be your WORST enemy. don’t let that little voice inside of you overpower the real you. yes, it’s tough saying no to something delicious that you used to love, but it’s even harder fighting with yourself the rest of the night wishing you didn’t eat it. save yourself that hurt, and WALK out of the room.
how to beat a binge:
1. walk away. whatever room you’re in, WALK. AWAY.
2. drink 2 full bottles of water.
3. chew a piece of your favorite gum.
4. make a folder of your motivation, whether it be pictures of things you want to wear, or people you want to impress with your weightloss. whatever your motivation may be, make a solid reminder of it and look at it when you want to binge.
5. do a workout(this ones even hard for me, but it works). you won’t even remember that binge 5 minutes into it!
6. look in the mirror. know for a FACT that if you don’t binge on whatever is taking over your mind at that moment, you will be THAT much closer to your goal body.
there are plenty of ways to beat a binge. no, its not easy…at all. BUT IT’S DOABLE! and the very first time you do it, you’ll feel like a superhero. the first time is always the hardest. if you can do it once, you can do it as many times as you want. :]
3. don’t watch tv while you eat! this one has caught me sooo many times. i’ll go downstairs intending on eating a small post-workout snack, and end up sitting there eating an extra 300 calories because i decided to finish out my show, and i got bored just sitting there. watch tv when you’re not eating, and eat while you’re not watching tv. they shouldn’t go hand in hand, you’re setting yourself up for a challenge!
4. invest in some cereal. cereal doesn’t have to ONLY be eaten in the morning in a big bowl with milk! if i need to snack on something, instead of raiding the kitchen for a low calorie snack, then ending up eating more than i should out of frustration, i stock up on some low calorie whole grain cereal. i’ll eat a handful here and there. it’s amazing. multigrain cheerios is my favorite. it satisfies your tasting needs without you going way over your calories. you can have a whole cup for around 100 calories. :]
5. if you end up going over your calories one day, eat a smaller dinner! my favorite is an eggwhite omelette. you can have 5 eggwhites for 100 calories, and fill it up with as many vegetables as you want for hardly any more calories. you can have the most FILLING vegetable omelette for about 150 calories. keep that in mind!
1. don’t think about them. you know it needs to be done, so instead of thinking about it and conjuring up little excuses in your mind as to why it’s okay to skip it, JUST DO IT! as soon as you start feeling that little voice in your head trying to talk you out of a workout, jump up, put your workout clothes on, turn the music up, and just do it. about 5 minutes in, you won’t even remember the ridiculous reason you didn’t want to work out in the first place!
2. constantly update your music selection! if you have a playlist you listen to every single day, your workouts will get less and less fun. i PROMISE you. change it up as much as you can :]
3. interval training is your best friend. period. i try to atleast do 30-60 seconds of HIGH INTENSITY during each song of my workout playlist. just aim for at least one 30 second interval each song, and you’ll get an amazing after burner effect!
4. do. not. skip. cardio. rest days are SOO important with strength training, but cardio you can do every day. no excuses! unless you’re injured c:
5. take as many breaks as you need. don’t overwhelm yourself, because you’ll be less likely to want to do that workout again. as long as you’re getting back up and starting again as SOON as you are physically able, then don’t worry about taking breaks! as long as you really need it, you’re still doing the best you can (:
i’ll add more to this whenever i think of more! i hope this helps some of you out. weightloss isn’t for certain people. if you put in the effort, and stay CONSISTENT, you’ll lose weight. guaranteed! stay strong 🙂