Banana Protein Muffins
I got this recipe from Healthy Girl.
- 7 large ripe bananas (mashed); you can use 4 but using 7 = more moistness(:
- 1 flax “egg”
- 3 flax “egg whites” (basically, use four flax eggs for this entire recipe)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk, or any vegan milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 5 Scoops Sunwarrior Warrior Blend Protein ( for about 80g protein, you may need less scoops for other protein brands)
- 2 cup oats (use a food processor or blender to turn them into a fine, flour like consistency)
- Pre-Heat the oven to 350 °F
- Mix the Mashed Bananas, flax eggs, oil, vegan milk, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda and baking powder together in a bowl
- After those ingredients are mixed, slowly add in the oat flour mixture and the protein until mixed completely
- Pour batter into lined or greased muffin tins
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick in the muffins, and the come out clean.
I don’t like to use oil when baking, I know, weird right. I prefer to insert dried fruit for oil. Not sure if it gives it the same effect, but the concoction always turns out great in the end. So instead of using 2 tsp. of vegetable oil, you can use 1 – 2 dried prunes/plums/or dates.
- To make flax-seed substitute, combine 1 tablespoon of milled (ground) flax seed with 3 tablespoons of water for each egg you need. Mix it well and let the mixture sit for 1 to 2 minutes. Add to the recipe as you would an egg. Though flax is considered a digestive aid, it should be noted that, for some people, flax seed also has a laxative effect.