The 40 Calorie Tortilla
Photo Credit: fitnessetiquette
In terms of cost, I’m not sure as I’ve never bought tortillas from the store… But I imagine they do not cost 1 cent per tortilla. Nutritionally, 1 Flour Mission Tortilla is 150 calories… These are about a FOURTH of that. 🙂
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- .5 oz Water
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Servings: Creates 2 Tortillas (1 Tortilla = 1 Serving)
- Calories Per Serving: 41.25 cal
- Fat (g) per Serving: 0.00 g
- Carbs (g) per Serving: 8.63 g
- Protein (g) per Serving: 1.13 g
- Sodium: 32.50 mg
Cost Per Serving is $0.01.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix. Dough should combine in to a single ball. If this doesn’t happen, add a little more water incrementally until it does.
- Cover the dough with a wet towel or cloth for ~15 minutes.
- Split dough into two balls. Roll into round shapes.
- Flour the counter.
- Take each ball and roll out into a very flat circle.
- Take each circle and place onto an ungreased skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until tortilla starts to show brown spots.